function or operator to ignore metacharacters like +

kelly

Hi,
I have this line that I have problem with..

s/$tmpvar//mgi;

The problem is sometimes $tmpvar = "annotationmarking +",
with metacharacters. Is there a regx option or perl function
that ignores metacharacter. Or should I go ahead and
parse my input for metacharacters and add a \ infront of it.

Thanks.

JP

Jim Gibson

Hi,
I have this line that I have problem with..

s/$tmpvar//mgi;

The problem is sometimes $tmpvar = "annotationmarking +",
with metacharacters. Is there a regx option or perl function
that ignores metacharacter. Or should I go ahead and
parse my input for metacharacters and add a \ infront of it.

Thanks.

JP

You are posting the same messages independently to alt.perl and
comp.lang.perl. Please do not do that. I already wasted my time
responding to one of your posts in comp.lang.perl that was already
answered by Paul in alt.perl. If you must post to both groups, post one
message to multiple groups (cross-post).

And as I explained before, comp.lang.perl is defunct. Please do not
start threads there.

Thanks.