GCC 3.4.3 and GCC 4.1.2

ashnin

Hi,

Please clarify my doubt.

My source dir contains combination of C and C++ files
If I compile it using gcc 3.4.3 version, it works fine with some easy
warnings which I can clear.

But if I compile it using gcc 4.1.2 it throws a warning for each .cpp
file I compile, which I could not clear

"cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wdeclaration-after-statement"
is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++"

What is the difference between both the compilation? Why is it
throwing this warning when using gcc 4.1.2? How to avoid this? Is this
anything to do with the specs file?

Regards
ashnin

Michael DOUBEZ

ashnin a écrit :
Please clarify my doubt.

I thought the answer you got earlier was clear enough.
My source dir contains combination of C and C++ files
If I compile it using gcc 3.4.3 version, it works fine with some easy
warnings which I can clear.

But if I compile it using gcc 4.1.2 it throws a warning for each .cpp
file I compile, which I could not clear

"cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wdeclaration-after-statement"
is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++"

What is the difference between both the compilation? Why is it
throwing this warning when using gcc 4.1.2?

I guess that gcc 3.4.3 silently disabled this warning in the case of C++
file while 4.1.2 issues a warning.
How to avoid this?

Remove -Wdeclaration-after-statement from the compilation option in your
build system for c++ files.
Is this anything to do with the specs file?

I guess someone considered that declarations-mixed-with-execution is bad
style. If you are using Makefile, hunt for it with a good grep.