GCC and VC

prg007

Hello,

I thought <window.c> is for application run under windows operating
system. But I am wrong. I am doing c programming in embedded system. For
the GUI I create, I have to draw lines
one by one to create a button. But I was told I can use
WIN32 program i.e CreateWindow(...) API.

GCC has an -mwindows option when compile. Which part of the
windows program I can use to port to my embedded system evironment.
(Operating system: ATI Nuclear; GCC compiler)

What is the best way to create GUI for my embedded system using C
language?

Thanks a lot

Henry

Joona I Palaste

prg007 said:
I thought <window.c> is for application run under windows operating
system. But I am wrong. I am doing c programming in embedded system. For
the GUI I create, I have to draw lines
one by one to create a button. But I was told I can use
WIN32 program i.e CreateWindow(...) API.
GCC has an -mwindows option when compile. Which part of the
windows program I can use to port to my embedded system evironment.
(Operating system: ATI Nuclear; GCC compiler)
What is the best way to create GUI for my embedded system using C
language?

Your question concerns non-standard extensions to the C language and is
therefore off-topic for comp.lang.c. You have to ask in a newsgroup
dedicated to your own operating system.

Thomas Matthews

prg007 said:
Hello,

I thought <window.c> is for application run under windows operating
system. But I am wrong. I am doing c programming in embedded system. For
the GUI I create, I have to draw lines
one by one to create a button. But I was told I can use
WIN32 program i.e CreateWindow(...) API.

GCC has an -mwindows option when compile. Which part of the
windows program I can use to port to my embedded system evironment.
(Operating system: ATI Nuclear; GCC compiler)

What is the best way to create GUI for my embedded system using C
language?

Thanks a lot

Henry

Unless your embedded operating system is Windows, you can't
use the Windows header file, library or compiler option.

As for GUIs for embedded systems, that depends on the display,
display driver and operating system. For tool kits, look
at Qt from http://www.trolltech.com.

Remember, for embedded systems, if it isn't part of the standard
language, you will have to either find a library or write your
own code.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Dan Pop

In said:
I thought <window.h> is for application run under windows operating
system. But I am wrong.

I am doing c programming in embedded system. For
the GUI I create, I have to draw lines
one by one to create a button. But I was told I can use
WIN32 program i.e CreateWindow(...) API.

Do you have an implementation of WIN32 for your platform? If not, you
can forget about the said:
GCC has an -mwindows option when compile. Which part of the
windows program I can use to port to my embedded system evironment.
(Operating system: ATI Nuclear; GCC compiler)

The one that doesn't use any WIN32 functions, obviously.
What is the best way to create GUI for my embedded system using C
language?

That's a good question for comp.arch.embedded, as there is no way to
create a GUI in portable C, the topic of this newsgroup.

Dan