Gem help

H- 16

I'm trying to DL a gem but I keep getting this message:

E:\Ruby\bin>cmd /k "F:\Torque Game Engine Demo\System\Hack\Ruby\bin\gem.bat"
The system cannot find the drive specified.

E:\Ruby\bin>gem i narray
ERROR: Error installing narray:

E:/Ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for sys/types.h... no
checking for u_int8_t... no
checking for int16_t... no
checking for int32_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
creating narray_config.h
creating Makefile

nmake
'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Gem files will remain installed in E:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/narray->0.5.9.7
for inspection.
Results logged to E:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/narray->0.5.9.7/src/gem_make.out

E:\Ruby\bin>

Does anyone know how to solve this? Btw,
E:\Ruby\bin>cmd /k "F:\Torque Game Engine Demo\System\Hack\Ruby\bin\gem.bat"
The system cannot find the drive specified.

This is not a problem.

Luis Lavena

I'm trying to DL a gem but I keep getting this message:

Does anyone know how to solve this? Btw,

1) Avoid path with spaces

2) Add Ruby\bin directory to your path:

SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Ruby\bin

3) proceed to gem installation with verbose and debug modes:

gem install xxx --debug -V

Masahiro Tanaka

Hello

Which version of Ruby are you using?
You can check it by:

ruby -v

If it is [i386-mingw32] or [i386-mswin32],
you can install a binary package by:

gem install narray --platform=x86-mingw32

Otherwise, you need some compiler to compile sources.

Masahiro Tanaka

Ryan Davis

You don't have nmake and, presumably, a compiler to build C extensions.

(or you do and you need to fix your PATH)

H- 16

Ryan said:
You don't have nmake and, presumably, a compiler to build C extensions.

(or you do and you need to fix your PATH)

Thanks! I'll report back what happens.