gem install of mongrel_cluster fails...

Xeno Campanoli

root@rhaprpt:~# gem install mongrel_cluster --include-dependencies
Select which gem to install for your platform (i486-linux)
1. mongrel 1.1.4 (x86-mswin32-60)
2. mongrel 1.1.4 (java)
3. mongrel 1.1.4 (ruby)
4. mongrel 1.1.3 (i386-mswin32)
5. mongrel 1.1.3 (java)
6. mongrel 1.1.3 (ruby)
7. Skip this gem
8. Cancel installation
Select which gem to install for your platform (i486-linux)
1. fastthread 1.0.1 (mswin32)
2. fastthread 1.0.1 (ruby)
3. fastthread 1.0.1 (i386-mswin32)
4. Skip this gem
5. Cancel installation
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install mongrel_cluster --include-dependencies
extconf.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
from extconf.rb:1

Gem files will remain installed in
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fastthread-1.0.1 for inspection.
Results logged to
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fastthread-1.0.1/ext/fastthread/gem_make.out
root@rhaprpt:~#

----snip----
I got the suggestion to install this from a post on using capistrano:

http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19...rver-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/

Phillip Gawlowski

Xeno Campanoli

Phillip said:

Xeno Campanoli

Phillip said:
Thank you for your help Phillip. I find it this time searching for
exactly that string. Anyhow, I'm installing it...well, I also needed to
install make and gcc, but that I did...and it seems to have installed
successfully. Presumably the continuing saga will be uneventful.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Xeno