Get error "ImportError: No module named _tkinter"

Sebastian Stelzer

Hi,

I'am a beginner in Python and I have got a problem with
the TKInter module.
When I want to start e.g. pysol, I get following output:
[output]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/pysol.py", line 47, in ?
from main import main
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/main.py", line 48, in ?
from app import Application
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/app.py", line 54, in ?
from images import Images, SubsampledImages
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/images.py", line 47, in ?
from pysoltk import tkversion, loadImage, copyImage, createImage
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/pysoltk.py", line 81, in ?
exec "from " + m + " import *"
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/share/games/pysol/src/tk/tkconst.py", line 39, in ?
import Tkinter
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter
[/output]

I'am using Suse Linux 9.0 with Python 2.3.3.
Can anybody help me?
cu

Aahz

import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

I'am using Suse Linux 9.0 with Python 2.3.3.

You need to install Tck/Tk devel package, then rebuild Python.
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death." --GvR

Sebastian Stelzer

Aahz said:
You need to install Tck/Tk devel package, then rebuild Python.
I did it and I' got the same error.
Can you tell it more exactly please?

Aahz

I did it and I' got the same error.
Can you tell it more exactly please?

Did you ``make distclean`` before rebuilding? If yes, then you're
beyond my competence; hopefully someone else will pick the ball.