    dataset when the command button is clicked, note they are not displayed
    in the gridview itself. Is there a way of doing this?

    Apologies if this makes no sense, ASP.NET is still foreign to me :)

    phil.a.jenkins, Sep 13, 2006

  2. Thanks Eliyahu for your response

    The way the web app has been developed means that we can't use session
    variables (any session information is stored in the DB) so any
    Context.Session stuff is out of bounds.

    I basically need to be able to set the CommandArgument of a LinkButton
    in the GridView to have a value which is an ID extracted from the
    DataSet, instead of the default, which is the grid's row ID. Is there
    an event I can use to handle this?

    Many thanks

    Phil

    phil.a.jenkins, Sep 13, 2006

  3. You can persist the dataset in a session variable.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 13, 2006