Get reference to a possible popup window

Dobedani

Dear All,

Since a few years I make use of an online service which provides me
statistics about visits to my web site. The only thing I have to do is
to include a few lines of Javascript in the most important page. The
company providing this service - Nedstat - has been acquired by a more
commercial party called Webstats4U and they have now decided to cause a
popup window to appear with a commercial message, every new day you
start up the page. Given the nature of the web page, this is
unacceptable. Does anybody know how to check whether a window has been
opened from a page and - if so - how to get a reference to that popup
window so that I can close it? TIA

Kind regards,
Dobedani

Randy Webb

Dobedani said the following on 1/4/2006 5:22 AM:
Dear All,

Since a few years I make use of an online service which provides me
statistics about visits to my web site. The only thing I have to do is
to include a few lines of Javascript in the most important page. The
company providing this service - Nedstat - has been acquired by a more
commercial party called Webstats4U and they have now decided to cause a
popup window to appear with a commercial message, every new day you
start up the page. Given the nature of the web page, this is
unacceptable. Does anybody know how to check whether a window has been
opened from a page and - if so - how to get a reference to that popup
window so that I can close it? TIA

You can't unless you get a reference to it to begin with. Or, you know
the name of the window as used in the window.open call to open it. Then
you could re-open it and close it.

The best approach would be to find a new stats service.