get xml file from pda

DNethar

I am having trouble figuring out what i need to do to get aan xml file from my pda. I have a mobile app generate an xml file which i hope to pass into an access database
Problem is I dont know how to automatically get the file from the pda and place it into the database on the desktop when i place the pda on the cradle
I have seen numerous people say use a web service, but I dont know what to put in the web service.
Is there an absolute path to the file on the pda from the desktop like connecting to another persons computer on a nertwork. Or do you have to program something special to get there
Sorry im all over the place here, but the more info i recieved the more confused I am
Anything will help, just need to be pointed in the right directio
Thank
Dave

Ed Kaim [MSFT]

Perhaps you could read the XML file into a dataset, such as:

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
ds.ReadXml("file path");

Then you could call a Web service (that you've created) that takes the
DataSet and stores it to a database on the server. Something like:

ServerWebService ws = new ServerWebService();
ws.UploadData(ds);

There is a thread with a link regarding the detection of ActiveSync at
http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/40/200520.aspx.