Getting HTML content from one Server and Saving it on another Server

Rene Aube

Hi everyone,

I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.

If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
some code that will take this information an place it in our
database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.

At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
my my code that places it in our database.

Could you send your suggestions to (e-mail address removed)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.

Rene Aube

Bob Barrows

Please do not multipost Rene. This is definitely a database-related question
so .asp.db was the perfect group in which to post it. Posting it here as
well did not increase your chances of getting an answer (most of us
subscribe to both groups). On the contrary, if somebody had taken his time
to answer it here, only to find that it was already resolved in the other
group, that person may have been annoyed enough to ignore any future posts
from you, thereby decreasing your chances of getting help in the future.

There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate,
and you will want to post a question to both groups. In that situation, you
should use the cross-posting technique, rather than posting the same message
multiple times. To crosspost, put a semicolon-delimited* list of the
newsgroups to which you wish to post in the To: header of your post and post
it once. It, and any replies to it, will appear in all the newsgroups in
your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db, my reply will also appear here in
..asp.general.

* ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client

Bob Barrows