Getting Third Party Component Suppliers to support NUnit and NUnitASP to support test driven develop

Nick Zdunic

Hi,

I've been using NUnitASP and found that it reaches it's limits very quickly.
It has problems with parsing certain pages and raises errors for these when
perhaps it shouldn't. Another downside is that it only supports the out of
the box Microsoft controls.

The people who are producing NUnitASP haven't been able to create another
release for almost a year now. I was thinking how an impetus good be given
to them to improve it and keep working on it.

One such way would be to encourage makers of ASP.NET Web Controls to supply
tester objects to be used with NUnitASP. For example I have been using
ComponentOne's Suite and found it to be quite good. However I'd like to
unit test the web pages with NUnitASP. I have asked ComponentOne to supply
tester objects to be used with NUnitASP. IF third party suppliers supply
support for unit testing then I think this will help generate the support
needed to improve NUnitASP. Perhaps if it where funded to be maintained
then we can get a better product and more reliability in testing of web
pages.

Interested to also hear about any other thoughts on this. Does anyone else
to something different with testing web pages. We can ceratinly unit test
our classes but I'd like to get the web page unit tested.

Regards,

Nick

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O Nick Zdunic BSc (Hons)
O Systems Analyst
O Strategic Systems (WA) Pty Ltd
O mobile: +61 [0]4 126 480 88
O work: +61 [0]8 9457 3664
O fax: +61 [0]8 9457 3665
O email: (e-mail address removed)
O URL: http://www.ss.com.au
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O EP methodology - Innovative techniques that work...
O Time Master - Essential time management made easy...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO