getting tk working on ubuntu

stewbawka

I need some help getting tk working on ubuntu.. I reinstalled ruby
from source being under the impression that tk would be built-in this
time around. i still get:

LoadError: no such file to load -- tk

when i try require 'tk'

i have apt-get installed: libtcltk-ruby , tk8.4-dev ...

please help!

Stuart

Gerald Murray

LoadError: no such file to load -- tk

You need the packages tcl and tk installed, possibly the -dev packages
for each of them.
Best to seek the versions in ubuntu that work with your OS version if
you want binary packages
Installing tcl and tk from source should work.

Gerald