glassfish?

printdude1968

Has anyone had any success installing this? I've followed the
instructions but when I get to the point where I need to build (ant -f
setup.xml)
I get this output:

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
(to execute a class)
or java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
(to execute a jar file)

where options include:
-client to select the "client" VM
-server to select the "server" VM
-hotspot is a synonym for the "client" VM [deprecated]
The default VM is client.

-cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
-classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,
and ZIP archives to search for class files.
-D<name>=<value>
set a system property
-verbose[:class|gc|jni]
enable verbose output
-version print product version and exit
-version:<value>
require the specified version to run
-showversion print product version and continue
-jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search
include/exclude user private JREs in the version
search
-? -help print this help message
-X print help on non-standard options
-ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
-enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
enable assertions
-da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
-disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
disable assertions
-esa | -enablesystemassertions
enable system assertions
-dsa | -disablesystemassertions
disable system assertions
-agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]
load native agent library <libname>, e.g.
-agentlib:hprof
see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and
-agentlib:hprof=help
-agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]
load native agent library by full pathname
-javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]
load Java programming language agent, see
java.lang.instrument

I don't know much about how ant works but it seems to me that there
must be a line in the xml that is trying to invoke the java command
without the correct options.

hilz

Has anyone had any success installing this? I've followed the
instructions but when I get to the point where I need to build (ant -f
setup.xml)
I get this output:

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
(to execute a class)
or java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
(to execute a jar file)

I don't know much about how ant works but it seems to me that there
must be a line in the xml that is trying to invoke the java command
without the correct options.

here is what you do..
create a bat file and place the following in it and run it:

set JAVA_HOME=C:\some_path_here\jdk1.5.0_05
set ANT_HOME=C:\some_path_here\glassfish\lib\ant

cd c:\some_path_here\glassfish
%ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat -f setup.xml