Global.asax not checking the GAC

Guest

Hi,
I have some code in the global.asax which needs to use a dll in the GAC.
I've included the page directive <%@ Assembly Name="myDll" %> in the
global.asax but I get the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'myDll' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the file specified."

When I switch on the fusion assembly logging I can see that the GAC is not
even being searched for the dll.
Does anyone know how I can force the GAC to be checked? (This only seems to
be a problem with global.asax, all other pages can find the dll without a
problem.)

Thanks,

Nick

Steven Cheng

Hi Nick,

If your assembly has been strong-named and put in GAC, you can always
reference it via its Full qualified assembly name(with Name, Version,
Culture and Public Key Token). e.g.

System.data, version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Here is the MSDN reference about Assembly Name:

#Assembly Names
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k8xx4k69(VS.71).aspx

BTW, for most .net configuration section that require you put type info, if
you do not put Full assembly name, it will treat it like a normal
un-strong-named assembly.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

suggestions about how we

can improve the support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my
manager know what you think of

the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager
at: (e-mail address removed).

ications.

where an initial response

from the community or a Microsoft Support
up response may take

approximately 2 business days as the support
most efficient resolution.

The offering is not appropriate for situations
project analysis and dump

analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best handled working with a
dedicated Microsoft Support

Engineer by contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

Steven Cheng

Hi Nick,

Have you resolved this problem or does the suggestion in previous message
help some?