    components of ASP.NET and have obviously used Visual Studio, so I would like
    to find a book that concentrates primarily on the ASP.NET components used
    for mobile websites. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Dec 11, 2009

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    bruce barker Guest

    the .net mobile are obsolete and there is no current replacement (except
    maybe in the next release of sharepoint). just get a book on mobile
    phones. as the top phones with browser support are webkit based (iphone
    andriod), palm pre, and phones with opera (htc). of course there is the
    mobile ie (but knowing what version a phone has is a pain).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 11, 2009

  3. OK, I am willing to believe that, but there are still all the differences
    between mobile and desktop sites/pages as far as things like what to do
    differently as far as design, navigation, etc. Are there any good books that
    you would recommend for these topics? Even if it doesn't give examples using
    ASP.NET, I don't want one that gives examples using some other server-side
    technology; I want one that discusses and gives examples that are simple
    static pages (ones that do not involve any server-side stuff) or if it does
    discuss and give examples using server-side technology, I want that
    server-side technology to be ASP.NET. Thank you for any recommendations you
    may have.

    Nathan Sokalski, Dec 11, 2009