good cljp public newsfeed

Jean Lutrin

Hi all,

I'm looking for good public newsserver(s) that carry
comp.lang.java.* newsgroups.

I don't care much about other groups.

My home ISP is so bad that lots and lots of messages never
show up and I'm forced to use a browser and groups.google.co
to read comp.lang.java.* newsgroups (which is less
convenient than using a newsreader).

I read the FAQ but didn't find a "meta FAQ" related to this
subject.

Now this may not be the best place to ask this question, but
OTOH I really only need the comp.lang.java.* groups so maybe
some regulars here have some good suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Chris Smith

Jean said:
I'm looking for good public newsserver(s) that carry
comp.lang.java.* newsgroups.

I don't care much about other groups.

Presuming you mean the canonical cljp groups, you're in luck; they are
big-8 groups, so the vast majority of news servers will carry them. So,
your search is reduced to finding a good public news server. I only
hear passing mention of such things, but Google turns up some promising
pages for "free USENET server" or "free NNTP server".

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation