Good .NET 2.0 security books?

David Thielen

Hi;

Are there any good books out there on security under .NET 2.0? Hopefully
covering everything from login/impersonation to cryptography/storing secrets
to active directory access.

All the books I have are for .NET 1.1 and almost all actions requires
calling un-managed code.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Have you read Keith Brown's book "The .NET Developers Guide to Windows
Security"? It has a mix of 1.1 and 2.0, but it is an excellent reference
for Windows security from the .NET perspective.

Regarding AD/LDAP/.NET stuff, my book will be out in May. I'm not aware of
any other books out there that are very good. The only one I know of
predates 2.0 by several years.

I know Dominick is writing a book on security that focuses a great deal on
the ASP.NET aspect. I'm not sure when his is out though.

I'm not sure if there is a good book that covers the new .NET 2.0 crypto
features though.

Joe K.