google calendar -- popup textbox entry

Alex Lee

HI all: newbie question here --

Does anyone know how google calendar display a popup textbox when you
click on the quick add link? For those who have not seen google
calendar -- the function can be best desribe here with a pic:
http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/tour2.html
what I am referring to is the white dialog textbox #1 in the legend.

Iam not very experience with this kinda thing, it does not appear to be
a popup windows -- I'v tried searching for keywords like popup textbox,
and besides the prompt function cannot find anything else.

thanks in advance.
al ;)

Matt Kruse

Alex said:
Iam not very experience with this kinda thing, it does not appear to
be a popup windows -- I'v tried searching for keywords like popup
textbox, and besides the prompt function cannot find anything else.

It's just a positioned DIV object. The term is usually "in-page popup".

I am working on a library for this exact purpose. An example page (still in
development) is at:
http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/popup/example.php

Alex Lee

Thanks that is exactly what I need -- actually found similiar
workaround earlier, but yours is much better!
have a nice day.
al ;)