Google Group: architectgurus

Sudhakar Chavali

Hi

I have created a group called architectgurus (http://groups.google.com/
group/architectgurus) or (e-mail address removed) .
Irrespective of technology, vendor, domain I will be discussing and
share my thoughts in homogenous and harmonious way. If you are
interested even you can join and contribute your thoughts in this
group. My intention doing these activities is to spread the knowledge
and thoughts across the globe.

Best Regards
Sudhakar Chavali

Andrew Thompson

Hi

I have created a ..

..toy GG and now intend to spam it across usenet?

Is your idiot little group up for *us* advertising *usenet?*

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

Andrew Thompson

I think it's time to boykott GoogleGroups and prefer Usenet.

(sigh) What about JavaKB? It is an alternate
web interface to usenet (the Java groups, in
any case). I have ..some support for web based
access to usenet, as many folks do not have the
luxury of immediate access to a news client,
let alone a reliable news server.

"I hear ya'" when it comes to complaints about
gg-spam, it was around 95% of all the spam to
usenet (c.l.j.* groups), last time I checked.

Kevin McMurtrie

Sabine Dinis Blochberger said:
I think it's time to boykott GoogleGroups and prefer Usenet. I only use
Usenet anyway, and Googles attempts to get rid of it* rubs me the wrong
way.

* That's what it looks like to me.

What's interesting is the treatment of spam. Google posts the spam to
both Usenet and Google Groups but then quickly removes the spam Google
Groups. The user experience is that Google Groups is clean but Usenet
is completely clogged with spam. Of course, I drop all Google Groups
articles and almost never see spam on Usenet.