Grayscale a Jpanel

Mahesh

Hi,
I have a Jpanel containing Jtext,Jlabel,.... (producing a report),When
I tried to print the Jpanel it is takin too much time to reach a
printer(size 3MB!). I think it will be ok if we get hem grayscaled.
Anyone have an idea to graycale a Jpanel or Jframe? I searched in
Google but no use.

Andrey Kuznetsov

I have a Jpanel containing Jtext,Jlabel,.... (producing a report),When
I tried to print the Jpanel it is takin too much time to reach a
printer(size 3MB!). I think it will be ok if we get hem grayscaled.
Anyone have an idea to graycale a Jpanel or Jframe? I searched in
Google but no use.

Component contains special method for printing.
You have to override it.
You can create first BufferedImage (TYPE_BYTE_GRAY) and paint everything to
it.
Then paint this image to Graphics.

zero

Hi,
I have a Jpanel containing Jtext,Jlabel,.... (producing a report),When
I tried to print the Jpanel it is takin too much time to reach a
printer(size 3MB!). I think it will be ok if we get hem grayscaled.
Anyone have an idea to graycale a Jpanel or Jframe? I searched in
Google but no use.

try this:

BufferedImage img = new BufferedImage(jPanel.getWidth(),
jPanel.getHeight(), BufferedImage.TYPE_BYTE_GRAY);
jPanel.paintComponent(img.getGraphics());
// print img

or:

BufferedImage img = new BufferedImage(jPanel.getWidth(),
jPanel.getHeight(), BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
jPanel.paintComponent(img.getGraphics());
Image grayImage = GrayFilter.createDisabledImage(img);
// print grayImage

Mahesh

This buffered image can be done on the xternal image files
like(jpeg,bmp) which we place inside the panel. But I need the entire
panel to be grayscaled.Consider a panel which is having only
Jcomponets!