Gridviev Equivalent To Datagrid In Asp.Net?

Tarun

In asp.net 2.0 Gridview is equivlent to Datagrid in asp.net1.1.. with
more facialities. Datagrid Item Command is Equivalent to RowCommand in
Grid View. But from the grid view command how can i get the reference
to the row which is firing the event as we did in case of DataGrid as
shown below?

void dataGrid_ItemCommand(object source, DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
string test=e.Item.Cells[0].Text;
}
In Grid view Rowcommand is it possible to get the reference to the row
like
string test=e.Row.Cells[0].Text;
or in any other way?
If not what is the equivalent to it?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

It's not an equivalent. It's a replacement due to some of the intrinsic
support contained in the gridview and absent in the datagrid.

I would try to explain the problem you are having but esposito already did
here: http://weblogs.asp.net/despos/archive/2005/06/30/416783.aspx

--
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]