Gridview DataBind Problem

Prasanta

Hello,

I have an SP which returns near about 10000rows from the oracle
database, i want to bind the data to the gridview but while fetching
the data from the oracle database its takes too much time and sometime
my request goes timeout.
Please help me how could i solve this problem.

Thanks and Cheers,
Prasanta

John Timney \(MVP\)

Its clearly too much data - so get the SP designer to break down the SP to
return subsets based on start and end numbers and bind to that instead.
You'll need to write code so that once you reach the end of your current
dataset you have to requery the database and bind to the new data. Sounds
like a bit of redesign needed!

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com