GridView reload for the updated records.

Devendra

Hi

Is there any way that I can call a vb function from Javascript .........

Scenario
I have a search which shows output in a gridview. I have one Select
commandButton which opens a pop-up window using showModalDialog()
After I edit the record and close the pop-up window, I need to update the
gridView with updated details without reloading or refreshing the page. If I
write window.reload it give "Retry Cancel" message box, which i dont want.

Thanks

Regards,

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Devendra,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
From your description ,you're using the ASP.NET 2.0 framework to develping
a data driven web application. You have a certain page which use GridView
to display some datarecords and when the user click a certain button in
each row, there'll popup another page to let the user update that record's
values. However, you're wondering how to make the update in the main page
after the use finish editing the record in the popup window and return to
the main page, yes?

Based on my understanding, for template databound controls like GridView or
the old DataGrid, repeater, their row values are stored in ViewState and
we can not directly modify them at clientside or at serverside (without
databinding). So for your scenario, I think to make the GridView update, we
can not avoid refreshing the page(or postback it to redo databinding on the
gridview). Also, for the updating operation, I suggest you use a
DetailsView in the popup page to let the user edit the record and perform
the update directly in the popup window's page. And after update use script
to perform a postback or refersh on the original main page(which contains
the gridview). How do you think of this?

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security