problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike Grace, May 4, 2006.

  1. Mike Grace

    Mike Grace Guest

    Hi,

    I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.

    The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.

    If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is successfully
    applied to the SQL table.

    After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
    process

    If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after clicking
    retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the old values
    that were in the grid.

    This is obviously very dangerous.

    How can I stop this from happening?

    Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.

    Regards

    Mike

    Mike Grace, May 4, 2006

  2. Mike Grace

    Code Rodent Guest

    Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
    Mileoak would you?

    Andy L of Shoreham

    Code Rodent, May 4, 2006

  3. Mike Grace

    Mike Grace Guest

    Yup. :)

    Mike

    Mike Grace, May 5, 2006
  4. Mike Grace

    Mike Grace Guest

    How do I send you an email?

    Got an address.

    Mike

    Mike Grace, May 5, 2006
  5. Mike Grace

    Code Rodent Guest

    Hi Mike,

    or should I say Mick the fish. Withouht pasting my email addy directly into
    this NG use the following without the spaces and replace the AT for an @ on
    a n d y . l a m p e r AT d o t c o n n e c t e d . com.

    I'll be good to hear from you old bean.

    Cheers

    Andy

    Code Rodent, May 5, 2006