Button Click Event Procedure being called when a Page is refreshed.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kuldeep, May 29, 2007.

  1. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    Hello All,

    Visual Studio 2005
    ASP.NET 2.0
    C#.NET 2.0

    I have an application which has a Button click event procedure as given
    below.

    protected void btn_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

    {

    Response.Write("Test this Page");

    }

    Once I run the application and click on the button. I get the "Test this
    Page" line on the page.

    Now, when I debug the application with a breakpoint being at the
    Button-Click-Event-Procedure and I refresh the page (Refresh Button on the
    IE), I find that the Button Click Event procedure is called again.

    How can I avoid this?

    Please Help.

    Kuldeep

    Kuldeep, May 29, 2007