    Can anybody help? This is driving me crazy!

    Thanks

    Steve

    S_K, Nov 7, 2007

  2. S_K

    bruce barker Guest

    possible reasons

    1) you hit enter/return after changing the text. this will cause the
    button to postback

    2) you don't have autopostback set on the textbox, so the postback only
    occurs when you hit the button.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 7, 2007

  3. S_K

    S_K Guest

    First, Thanks for responding.

    Second, The first possiblility makes sense. However, why would hitting
    the <ENT> or return key cause a button event to fire? Is there any way
    I can undo that?

    Thanks again.
    Steve

    S_K, Nov 7, 2007
  4. S_K

    LVP Guest

    <script language=javascript type=text/javascript>
    <!-- Script courtesy of http://www.web-source.net - Your Guide to
    Professional Web Site Design and Development
    function stopRKey(evt) {
    var evt = (evt) ? evt : ((event) ? event : null);
    var node = (evt.target) ? evt.target : ((evt.srcElement) ? evt.srcElement
    : null);
    if ((evt.keyCode == 13) && (node.type=="text")) {return false;}
    }

    document.onkeypress = stopRKey;
    -->
    </script>

    From http://www.web-source.net/javascript_disable_enter_key.htm by John
    Nitkowski

    LVP, Nov 7, 2007
  5. S_K

    LVP Guest

  6. S_K

    LVP Guest

    http://www.felgall.com/jstip43.htm

    LVP, Nov 7, 2007
  7. If you are using .NET 2.0, you can set the Button's UseSubmmitBehavior
    property to false.

    Robert Dunlop, Nov 8, 2007