Entire page gets refreshed after AJAX request

arunprabu

Hi,

I have a problecm with the AJAX request in my webpage. I have some
filters on top of the page. I have a submit button and an empty div
below the filters.

Some of the filters have ajax requests to update the content within the
filters. For example, I have 2 drop downs, one for state and another
for country. When I select a country in the country drop down, an ajax
request is sent to fetch appropriate list of states and updates the
state drop down.

The first time the page loaded, I select the country, then the state
list is loaded thru AJAX request and I select the state and click on
submit button. The DIV below is refreshed with the resultant content
thru AJAX request. The resultant content displays a table with large no
of rows. Each row ahs atleast 4 CSS classes with images used as
background.

So far everything is fine. On each AJAX request, the appropriate action
happens and only the control to be refreshed is getting reloaded and
everything is quick.

Now once I have the 1000s of rows displayed, If I change the country,
the state drop down is refreshed and also the status bar shows it down
loads the images I have used in the CSS for the result rows. But the
page doesn't look refreshed. It takes a long time for the browser to
download the background images for each row in the table. But the
content doesn't seem to refreshing.

Anyone has any idea why this happens and what could be the issue. I use
Telerik Drop down and AJAX panel for the filters and AJAX requests.

Thanks in advance