GridView1_RowCreated versus GridView1_RowDataBound

Ben

Hi,

i'm a little bit confused about the events GridView1_RowDataBound and
GridView1_RowCreated.

1) Which is executed first?
2) if i want to fetch the value of a field using this code:
dim a as string
a = e.Row.Cells(2).Text

in which event do i have to do that?

3) there is a dropdownlist in aspx file embebbed in a template like this:
<asp:TemplateField >
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server" >
</asp:DropDownList>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>

i want to access it with this code:
dim dd as dropdownlist
dd = e.Row.FindControl("DropDownList1")

in which event do i have to do that?

Thanks
Bob

Munna

Hi

"1) Which is executed first? .."

rowcreated is execute first... then rowdatabound....

"2) if i want to fetch the value of a field using this code: ... in
which event do i have to do that? "

RowDataBound

3) there is a dropdownlist in aspx file embebbed in a template like
this: ....in which event do i have to do that?

RowDataBound

Thanks

Munna

Ben

Hi again,

i posted this but no answer, and because it has to do with this topic, maybe
you can solve this:

Can someone explain me why the same code with the event
GridView1_RowDataBound gives this error:

'DropDownList1' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not
exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value

and not with the event GridView1_RowCreated ?

Thanks
Ben

Protected Sub GridView1_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As

System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles
GridView1.RowDataBound
If (e.Row.RowState And DataControlRowState.Edit) =
DataControlRowState.Edit Then
Dim dd As DropDownList
Dim i As Integer
Dim z As ListItem