GUI library for standard C++

Marcin Kalicinski

Hi!

Can anybody recommend a good, free GUI library for C++ and Win32 that works
well with standard library?

I just tried to use Windows Forms from .NET, but because of all those
"managed extensions" to C++ it was a painful experience. I found out that my
program runs 6 times slower when compiled with it (although time-critical
code is in a separate library compiled without managed extensions).

Best regards,
Marcin

marbac

Marcin said:
Hi!

Can anybody recommend a good, free GUI library for C++ and Win32 that works
well with standard library?

I just tried to use Windows Forms from .NET, but because of all those
"managed extensions" to C++ it was a painful experience. I found out that my
program runs 6 times slower when compiled with it (although time-critical
code is in a separate library compiled without managed extensions).

Best regards,
Marcin

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/windows.html

marbac

Marcin said:
Hi!

Can anybody recommend a good, free GUI library for C++ and Win32 that works
well with standard library?

I just tried to use Windows Forms from .NET, but because of all those
"managed extensions" to C++ it was a painful experience. I found out that my
program runs 6 times slower when compiled with it (although time-critical
code is in a separate library compiled without managed extensions).

Best regards,
Marcin

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/windows.html

don`t know if there is a gpl version for windows.

marbac

Marcin said:
Hi!

Can anybody recommend a good, free GUI library for C++ and Win32 that works
well with standard library?

I just tried to use Windows Forms from .NET, but because of all those
"managed extensions" to C++ it was a painful experience. I found out that my
program runs 6 times slower when compiled with it (although time-critical
code is in a separate library compiled without managed extensions).

Best regards,
Marcin

Another one:

http://www.dropline.net/gtk/download.php

Peter van Merkerk

Marcin Kalicinski said:
Hi!

Can anybody recommend a good, free GUI library for C++ and Win32 that works
well with standard library?

I just tried to use Windows Forms from .NET, but because of all those
"managed extensions" to C++ it was a painful experience. I found out that my
program runs 6 times slower when compiled with it (although time-critical
code is in a separate library compiled without managed extensions).

This is well known one: http://wxwidgets.org/
(used to be called wxWindows, before Microsoft forced then to change their
name)

Other alternatives can be found here:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/928/