H- Undefined Method?

Ben V.

I know you can use the method h() to HTMLEdit varible, but ruby doesn't
seem to think it exists when I did this:
@a_user.firstname = h(params[:firstname])
It gave me this error:
undefined method `h' for #<JoinController:0xb7b1c508>
What's wrong? I know That the method is defined. Thanks, sorry for all
the stupid questions, but I am new from CF and i is worlds apart from
Ruby.
P.S I am using @a_user.firstname within the creation of a db row.

James Britt

Ben V.

Sorry, yes, Rails. What method could I use instead? Not really familliar
with ther methods; I'm pretty new to Rails/Ruby. But still, it should
work in a controller file.Thanks,
Ben.