Handling application error in asp.net

Gouri.Mahajan7

Hello,

I am new to asp.net. when i close the browser programmatically I
am getting an application error at the line given below.

<param name="SessionID" value="<%= Session["SessionID"] %>"/>

because of the session no more exists. Can anybody please tell me how
to handle that error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gouri.

Gouri.Mahajan7

I'm not sure how you can process a request if the browser is closed. You
perhaps explicitely called Session.Abandon ???

Some more details about the context could help. What are yoou doing before
being at this point ?

--
Patrice

<[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
(e-mail address removed)...

    I am new to asp.net. when i close the browser programmatically I
am getting an application error at the line given below.
   <param name="SessionID" value="<%= Session["SessionID"] %>"/>
because of the session no more exists. Can anybody please tell me how
to handle that error.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Gouri.- Hide quoted text -

Actually I am loading the user control on the browser and passing the
session Id of the page as the parameter to the user control. When
disconnect button on my web page is clicked I am calling
session.abandon method and closing the browser using java script.
After that the control is passed to the line which I have mentioned
earlier (During execution) in that case the session is no more
exists. So I am getting an error to that line. Can you please tell me
how to handle that error not to occur.

Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> When disconnect button on my web page is clicked I am calling
!> session.abandon method and closing the browser using java script.
!> After that the control is passed to the line which I have mentioned
!> earlier (During execution) in that case the session is no more
!> exists. So I am getting an error to that line. Can you please tell me
!> how to handle that error not to occur.

You will have to execute that line before calling Session.Abandon.