handling package dependencies in jbuilder

ian ward

I want to have a look at an open source package which I have
downloaded; xml-rpc as it happens. Creating a small project in
jbuilder I need of course to be able to import the package. In the
project properties I have tried to create a library where the project
can find the package but jbuilder tells me it is unable to create the
dependencies. As a result, even though the editor can see the package
when prompting me for the import statement, instantiating a class from
the package won't work as the class is not recognised.

After looking at various threads in various groups, I know that
problems with jbuilder and dependencies have come up in the past, but
only similar and not the same - and I'm not very good at reading
between the lines!

thanks in advance

kaeli

I want to have a look at an open source package which I have
downloaded; xml-rpc as it happens. Creating a small project in
jbuilder I need of course to be able to import the package. In the
project properties I have tried to create a library where the project
can find the package but jbuilder tells me it is unable to create the
dependencies. As a result, even though the editor can see the package
when prompting me for the import statement, instantiating a class from
the package won't work as the class is not recognised.

After looking at various threads in various groups, I know that
problems with jbuilder and dependencies have come up in the past, but
only similar and not the same - and I'm not very good at reading
between the lines!

thanks in advance

I have to import oracle drivers for mine. This is what I did...

1. Make a project.
2. Project => Default project properties
3. Click on Required Libraries tab
4. Click on Add button
5. Click on New button to define a new library
5. For the Name, I put "Oracle drivers" (you put in your own)
6. For the Location, I choose User Home. (you choose what you want) Note that
this is the location of the to-be-created library, NOT the location of the
files you're importing.
7. Click the Add button next to the Library Paths box. Choose the file (jar
or zip or whatever).
8. Click the okay button at the bottom.

After that, you can use that library again in another project just by doing
steps 1,2,3 and adding the defined library to stuff.

Hope this was what you meant...

ian ward

--

thanks for the reply - I think that I have done what you have
suggested, more or less (the prompts seem a bit different but I am on

thanks again for your ideas

ian ward

kaeli said:
I have to import oracle drivers for mine. This is what I did...

1. Make a project.
2. Project => Default project properties
3. Click on Required Libraries tab
4. Click on Add button
5. Click on New button to define a new library
5. For the Name, I put "Oracle drivers" (you put in your own)
6. For the Location, I choose User Home. (you choose what you want) Note that
this is the location of the to-be-created library, NOT the location of the
files you're importing.
7. Click the Add button next to the Library Paths box. Choose the file (jar
or zip or whatever).
8. Click the okay button at the bottom.

After that, you can use that library again in another project just by doing
steps 1,2,3 and adding the defined library to stuff.

Hope this was what you meant...

--

In case you're still curious - in fact, my problem was with the
downloaded zip which turned out to be empty - I hadn't taken the