How to add a package in Jbuilder ?

yaducam

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in java so i may ask a very stupid question..

I have source files of a package that i would like to compile and
trace the execution.

The problem is that i need classes from other packages to success
compilation. (Jbuilder error windows tell that a package is missing at
every import statement)
I have theses packages as jar files but i don't have the source of it.
Is it possible to make my program run with this jars files eventhougth
i don't have the source files ?
In witch directory should i add theses packages so that any source of
my project can use them at compilation time ?
How can i trace the class and methods called during execution ?

I'm (trying to) using Jbuilder9.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Joy

Use Tools | Configure Libraries to create a "library" telling JBuilder
where those jar files reside (and optionally where any source or
generated Javadoc can be found to make it easier to debug and access
documentation).

Then use Project | Project Properties | Paths | Required Libraries to
add that library so its jars become part of your classpath.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

I have theses packages as jar files but i don't have the source of it.
Is it possible to make my program run with this jars files eventhougth
i don't have the source files ?

Yes, add them as Required Libraries (under the Project Properties,
Paths tab).