Has anyone sucesfully Integrated Excel with ASP.NET (what are the options)

LP

Hi,

I need to develop an ASP.NET application that takes report criteria
("filters") input from the user imports data to Excel template, maybe apply
additional formatting on Excel and sends excel file through HTTP response to
the browser. I do have some very painful experiences with Excel in ASP.NET,
I know what a pain it can be to get Excel to clean up flawlessly. Basically
I spent more time worrying about cleanup code than actual business rules.
What other options do I have? Has anyone done a successful Excel and .NET
integration? Currently I am considering the following options:

1.) Perform all excel related work in classis ASP
2) Perform all excel related work in COM (any security issues with that?)
3) Buy 3rd party component like Aspose Excel (anyone has any exp. with them
or any others?)

If you can add to this list, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!