To create an Excel Sheet using ASP.NET 2.0 with C#

Josin John

I could create MS Excel sheet using ASP.NET 2.0 with C# but it is not being
created
in some systems, following error occurs when the program compiles :

Microsoft Office Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there
is not enough available memory or disk space.

• To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer
need.

• To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are
saving to.

Line of error it shows is at: workbook = workbooks.Add(Type.Missing);

OS I tried : Windows 2003 Server,Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

COM I added : MS-Excel 5.0, MS-Excel 10.0

dcomcnfg Setting : MS-Excel->Properties->Security->Customize->Edit->Add->
ASPNET->Put tick mark on Local Launch and Local
Activation

ZSvedic

I could create MS Excel sheet using  ASP.NET 2.0 with C# but it is not being
created
in some systems, following error occurs when the program compiles :

Microsoft Office Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there
is not enough available memory or disk space.

• To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer
 need.

• To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are
saving  to.

Line of error it shows is at: workbook = workbooks.Add(Type.Missing);

OS I tried : Windows 2003 Server,Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

COM I added : MS-Excel 5.0, MS-Excel 10.0

 dcomcnfg Setting : MS-Excel->Properties->Security->Customize->Edit->Add->
                             ASPNET->Put tick mark on Local Launch and Local
Activation

I agree with Mark that there are many automation issues on the server:
http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheet.htm#Automation

Except Aspose component, you can try GemBox.Spreadsheet Free Excel
Read/Write component: http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheetFree.htm
If you have XLS/CSV/XLSX files smaller that 150 rows it is free of
charge.

--Zeljko