Invoking Excel COM object with CLSID is either not valid

Guest

Hi

I'm invoking the excel object from ASP.Net application. My development
machine is Windows 2000 and MS Office is installed on my m/c. I have
added reference to the Excel COM object, I have given Access and launch
permissions to ASPNET user in DCOMCNFG and the identity set to launch
user. But I get the following error, moment I try to create the Excel
object: Dim oexcel As New Excel.Application

"COM object with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is either
not valid or not registered"

The same DCOM config settings work fine in Windows xp.

Also I have observed that (in xp), the excel objects are still in memory
even after the application is terminated and I could see multiple such
objects in task manager. I close the excel object by calling quit. How
do I destroy the objects?

Regards

rjn

RJN

Thanks for your reply. Can you give more inputs on generating excel
using XMLSS and ADO.Net?

Guest

Here you have some material,

About ADO and Excel: