Has anyone used decompyle recently?

Jim Kerr

I am trying to reconstruct Python source files from an application I
generated from py2exe. I accidentally deleted the sources for the app,
but the py2exe-generated executable contains .pyc files for all the
sources. I would love to be able to reverse engineer the .pyc files
back to the source.

I did find some mention in this group of a utility called decompyle,
and I tried downloading the goodies from
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/.

Neither version of decompyle seems to work. The 0.6 version can't
handle Python 2.2 compiled code, and the installer for the 2.2beta1
fails on Windows.

Has anyone out there been able to decompile 2.2 compiled code? I
guess I could try to modify the source for decompyle 0.6 to work with
Python 2.2, but since I have zero experience with Python compilation
internals, that could be a tough slope to climb.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Jim Kerr
Agilent Technologies
Santa Rosa, CA