help building debug .pyd files

joshusdog

The installation of Python 2.5 comes with a bunch of built-in
extension modules (.pyd files) under the DLLs directory. I've
downloaded the Python source code and am trying to build the debug
versions of all of these files. However, some of the projects won't
build because they are looking for header files that don't exist
anywhere. Specifically, the non-building projects are:

_bsddb
_sqlite3
_ssl
_tkinter
bz2

Additionally, the project for the _hashlib module seems to be entirely
missing from the Python source. Any idea where I can find it?

Is there a set of pre-built debug versions of all of these modules I
can download somewhere? It would save me a lot of time trying to
figure out where all these missing files are supposed to come from...

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
[...]

You should read the file PCBuild/readme.txt.
It explains how to build python from source, and has long explanations
about the same list of modules you are asking for.

And it works: I regularly use the debug build of python for my own projects.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

You should read the file PCBuild/readme.txt.
It explains how to build python from source, and has long explanations
about the same list of modules you are asking for.

And it works: I regularly use the debug build of python for my own
projects.

Also, as of Python 2.5, you don't have to hunt around anymore for all
these add-on libraries: they are all checked into the Python subversion
repository (of course, earlier releases would give precise URLs, too,
except that the hosting sites would sometimes break these URLs).

Regards,
Martin