Help: Debugging an COM-Object

Alfred Sehmueller

Hello NG,

is it possible to debug an VB6 COM-Object that is used by an ASP.NET
page?
With classic ASP and VB6 i was able to debug my custom COM-Objects.

Is there a possibility to Debug this in VS.NET maybe in a way that
opens Visual Studio from VB6?

I have to use the old COM-Objects, but without a possibility to debug
them while coding my new ASPX-Pages it is very hard.

Thanks for your answers.

Alfred

Peter O'Reilly

Have you tried leaving your VB6 project running in the IDE before having the
ASP.NET application
call upon it? I haven't - just guessing here- but, like classic ASP, I
would think such would work for
ASP.NET.

If not you may need to perform an additional step and perform an "attach
process"
for the VB6 IDE. This is found under the debug menu in VS.NET.

Good luck.