Debugging a COM+ Application (C++) from within an ASP.NET page (C#) in Visual Studio 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alrotem, Jul 6, 2006.

  1. Alrotem

    Alrotem Guest

    Hi,

    I work under Visual Studio 2005 (Windows XP Professional), developing web
    applications using ASP.NET (C#).

    Also, my company runs a few COM+ projects in C++ built into DLLs and registered
    as "Component Services" on the server machine. Those COM+ applications are
    adressed from within some of the web pages' codebehind modules.

    The COM+ developers usually debug their applications locally with a small
    EXE file which loads their DLL and invokes the appropriate functions.

    Is there a way I can debug a COM+ object directly from within the ASP.NET's
    C# code?
    Of course I can debug the web application, attaching to the aspnet_wp.exe
    process, but I can only go as far as the COM+ function call. I can't "step
    into" the COM+ code.

    Is there a way to achieve this?

    Thanks,
    Alrotem.