Remote Debugging With Visual Studio 2005

A_StClaire_

wow, surprised I wasn't able to find half a dozen posts on this. maybe
I'm just not searching the right terms.

I'm wondering how to force VS 2005 to debug my C# website IIS-style.
that is, to be able to debug requests from an external machine. seems
the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Development Server thing can only catch requests
from the local machine which is very frustrating. I never saw this
problem with VS 2003.

thx for your help

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I'm wondering how to force VS 2005 to debug my C# website IIS-style.
that is, to be able to debug requests from an external machine.

The internal web server cannot be accessed from an external machine.

The only way to debug requests from en external machine is to use IIS.

The instructions for enabling remote debugging are at :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910448

re:
the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Development Server thing can only catch requests
from the local machine which is very frustrating.

It's by design.

re:
I never saw this problem with VS 2003.

That because VS 2003 didn't have an internal web server.
It only worked with IIS.

A_StClaire_

Juan said:
re:

The internal web server cannot be accessed from an external machine.

The only way to debug requests from en external machine is to use IIS.

The instructions for enabling remote debugging are at :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910448

re:

It's by design.

re:

That because VS 2003 didn't have an internal web server.
It only worked with IIS.

thank you!