Help, error while creating ASP.NET app

Jeff

OS: XPpro sp2
Visual Studio 2003 : 7.1.3088
..NET Framework 1.1 (1.1.4322 sp1)

When I in VS tryes to create an ASP.NET app I get this error message:
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that hte specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web
applications or services"

I have searched the web/newsgroups and read that using this command:
"ASPNET_REGIIS -I" will fix it (I ran it in the vs command line).... but it
doesn't fix my problem.... Today I have reinstalled visual studio and the
same error appear... I also tryed to reistall the IIS (webserver), before
installing visual studio...-> it didn't fix the problem...

On this computer I have both IIS and Apache installed... IIS is configured
to use port 8080... But the Apache service isn't running...

Please, help.. what must I do to fix the problem so I can use ASP.NET

Jeff

Juan T. Llibre

While VS.NET can use other ports,
it's pre-configured to use port 80.

Why can't you simply use port 80 for IIS ?

If you need to use port 8080, you'll have to create
an IIS application and configure it to use port 8080.

That's quite simple to do with the IIS MMC,
and from that point on, VS.NET will recognize it.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
If you need to use port 8080, you'll have to create
an IIS application and configure it to use port 8080.

Sorry, that should read :

If you need to use port 8080, you'll have to create
an IIS *Web Site* and configure it to use port 8080.