Help Needed !!! Browsing and Selecting More Than One File

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kilicaslan Fatih, Jul 6, 2006.

  1. Dear All,

    I am trying to create a GUI, using Tkinter on Windows
    2000/XP using Python 2.2. Through buttons this GUI
    interacts with another program and assigns argument to
    that program.

    I managed to browse a ".c" file and assign this file
    as an argument to the other program written in C/C++
    Programming Language. On DOS, to run this program the
    following can be written:

    1) program file1.c
    2) program file1.c file2.c file3.c .....

    So briefly I managed to execute this program for one
    file(program file1.c), but I failed to run for more
    than one file(program file1.c file2.c file3.c ......).

    After browsing for files, is there a way to select
    more than one file and assign those as arguments to
    the program that I want to execute?

    If my explanations are not clear enough I can send you
    the code I have written, or try to explain further.

    Best Regards,
    Fatih K.

    http://mail.yahoo.com

    Kilicaslan Fatih, Jul 6, 2006

  2. What does failure mean? Didn't it work at all, did it only take the
    first file as argument, did you machine explode?

    Without a proper explanation of what and especially how this fails there
    is no chance answering your question.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jul 6, 2006