Help Needed !!! Browsing and Selecting More Than One File

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kilicaslan Fatih, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. Thank you very much for your indications. I've just
    subscribed for the group and even I don't know how to
    reply directly through mailing list. I will try to
    answer some of the questions you have asked about my
    program.

    Question:
    What has it to do with running your program with
    several file names as arguments? Is it two different
    ways to select several files in your application? Or
    do you want one or the other?

    Answer:
    I want to browse, and want to select all of the "*.c"
    files in a folder and than run CCCC code analyzer
    program for all of these files. The syntax to run CCCC
    on multiple files on DOS is:

    cccc file1.c file2.c file3.c

    I want to have 2 options on my GUI, one for only to
    select one file, the other is to select multiple files
    in a project(folder).

    I didn't yet change the code according to your
    indications, there are still basic mistakes but I will
    send the whole code, to be more clear. When I run this
    code:
    I can browse a file and
    than open a file through the browser,
    assign it to "cccc" as parameter
    and able to analyse one C file through a GUI

    I can't select more than one file. I want to do this
    because I will need to analyze the total project which
    is composed of 8-15 "*.c" files.

    Source Code:

    from Tkinter import *
    from tkFileDialog import *
    import tkMessageBox
    import os

    class App:

    #Function for browsing a file
    def browseFile(self):
    global file
    file = askopenfilename(filetypes = [("C source
    code", "*.c"), ("All Files", "*.*")])

    #Function for running CCCC
    def runCCCC(self, event):
    if type(file)==str:
    dosya = file
    cmd = 'cccc ' + dosya
    print cmd
    return os.system(cmd)
    else:
    message = tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window
    Text", "Please Browse a File Firstly")

    def __init__(self, master):

    frame = Frame(master)
    frame.pack(fill="both")

    self.menubar = Menu(master)
    self.menubar.add_command(label="Browse File",
    command=self.browseFile)
    master.config(menu=self.menubar)

    self.ccccRun = Button(frame, text="Run CCCC",
    fg="red")
    self.ccccRun.bind("<Button-1>", self.runCCCC)
    self.ccccRun.pack(side=LEFT, padx=10, pady=20)

    self.close = Button(frame, text="QUIT",
    fg="red", command=frame.quit)
    self.close.pack(side=LEFT, padx=10, pady=20)

    root = Tk()
    app=App(root)
    root.mainloop()

    Best Regards,