    Can someone telle me how i get a c# project i can work with ?

    Many thanks in advance
    JB

    Jensen Bredahl, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Jensen Bredahl

    clintonG Guest

    clintonG, Jul 1, 2005

  3. The vsi's have both C# and VB.NET versions in it.
    You can choose to install either or both.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 1, 2005
  4. There is a link to personal website when you install the web express ide.
    That one is VB only.

    When i exctract the .vsi file, i see both C# and VB , but the extracted
    files in some old dos format.

    Jensen Bredahl, Jul 1, 2005
  5. re:
    The Personal website is OK, but the Club and Time Tracker
    sample app files are in 8.3 format, right ?

    Unfortunately, I reported that to the proper channel on April 12.
    I'm sorry to see that apparently they haven't been fixed.

    I just asked for the fix again.
    Sometimes things slip through the cracks.

    This may be one of them.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 1, 2005
  6. You are right.

    I have extrated the personal in c#. I created an empty project and added
    the files. But i canot build the project.

    Below the error:
    Error 1 Theme 'White' cannot be found in the application or global theme
    directories. D:\aspnet 2.0 web apps\personal\Web.Config 9

    How to fix this?
    Many thanks in advance
    JB

    Jensen Bredahl, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Does your folder structure look like this :

    /App_Themes
    /White
    White.skin

    It should...

    Regarding the 8.3 filenames, I've been told that the installer
    filenames should be *.vsi, and not *.vsi.zip

    It's been reported that renaming the *.vsi.zip file to *.vsi
    fixes the 8.3 format problem upon installation.

    See : http://forums.asp.net/897833/ShowPost.aspx

    btw, there's specialized forums for each Starter Kit at :
    http://forums.asp.net/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=26

    You might want to direct any further questions about any
    of the Starter Kits to the appropiate dedicated discussion forum.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 1, 2005
  8. i do not have this folder.

    Jensen Bredahl, Jul 1, 2005
  9. That's the only way Beta 2 understands theme locations.

    /App_Themes
    /White
    White.skin
    /Black
    Black.skin

    Are you using Beta 2 ?

    Going back to what you said :
    You shouldn't *extract* the *.vsi file.
    You should double-click it, and it will install the project.

    vsi files are installed into Visual Studio by VSContentInstaller.exe,
    which you should have in

    drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv

    You don't have to open that program, though.

    The vsi extension should be associated with it
    and by double-clicking the vsi file, it will run automatically.

    But...it will only install correctly under Beta 2.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 1, 2005