    What are my options?

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Juan T. Llibre, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Juan T. Llibre, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Steven Spits

    Steven Spits Guest

    It certainly seems so!

    How does this compare to DotNetNuke?

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Nov 7, 2006
  5. re:
    DotNetNuke has many more modules available,
    but many consider it to be overkill for small operations.

    Performance-wise, Community Server has an advantage,
    as it was built using recommended "best practices" all the way.

    Rob Howard and Scott Watermasyk, among others who contribute to CS, are code wizards!

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Steven Spits

    Steven Spits Guest

    I looked into CS the last hour, and I also browsed some of your old posts on
    google. Since you seem to know a lot about CS, would you mind some more
    questions before I start downloading & installing CS?

    If I understood it correctly, by downloading the SDK, I get the full source?
    And it's in C#?

    CS doesn't seem to have an "events" module like the club starter kit. I do
    need one. It's something I could easily write myself, but how difficult is
    it to include it in CS? Stuff like getting the authenticated user, link to a
    forum about the event, etc... How long would you estimate it will take to
    get a good overview of how CS works internally (source-wise)?

    CS is not a "template" product like the starter kits, and new versions are
    created. So it's probably unwise to modify the source, since a new version
    would overwrite your changes? What do most people do? Modify the source and
    stick to the version they started with? Use partial classes to extend
    functionality?

    On the features page, I read CS is multilingual. Not sure if they mean
    source or user. In the future, the site should be user bilingual. Can CS do
    this?

    Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!

    Steven

    - - -

    Steven Spits, Nov 7, 2006