All Sorts of Trouble with the Personal Site Starter Kit

Jonathan Wood

I decided to give another go at getting the Personal Site Starter Kit
working for me. I'd really love to get this working.

But I've had nothing but trouble. Specifically, there are all sorts of
problems with the photos. At one point, it shows I have 4 photos where I
administer the photos yet shows I have only 3 where photos are normally
viewed. And when navagating those photos, sometimes it just shows the same
photo again. But more often I get a page-not-found error. There are also
issue like when I log in, I do not get the manage menu option until I
manually refresh the page or go to another page. I've completely recreated
the database and am seeing the exact same thing.

I know this starter kit is old, and can't believe it hasn't been updated.
I'm hoping I'm to the point where I am able to figure these problems out.
But, not being able to find anything on the Web, I just thought I'd check if
anyone else has ran into these issues, know where I might find a discussion
of these problems, or if it's just me.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan Wood

Juan,
Have you implemented Bill Evgen's update to the Personal Starter Kit ?

Also, his original article on the PWS is here :

Bill solves many of the pronlems with the original PWS.

I had seen both articles but haven't yet implemented anything in them. Doing
so is probably worthwhile. However, looking them over, I can't see anything
about any of the problems I'm having. This makes me think it might be a SQL
Sever Express vs. SQL Server 2005 issue or something else like that, which
would still cause me problems even after making other changes. Unless I
missed it, no one else seems to be having the same bugs I'm seeing. That's
driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Jonathan