FileUpload and filename using personal web starter kit

Karl

Hi All,

I am trying to get to grips with storing files in a database instead of
on the webservers file system.

I have been playing with Microsoft's Personal Web Starter Kit which
stores images in a DB and I am trying to adapt this to store other
docs, such as .doc, .pdf etc

I get the file to stoe into the DB ok, but when i try to save the
original filename i run into all sorts of problems as I just cant
access it.

This is normally fairly easy to get I suppose as you would normally
trap the click of the "upload" button but this is set in an
ASP:Formview with a Datasource set and a defaultMode set to insert and
is very difficult for a relative newbie like me to understand or trap.

If anyone knows anything about the personal starter kit, or how to get
the filename from a viewview with datasource object, please put me out
of my misery!

Thanks