Personal Site Starter Kit - Photo Gallery role question

rpm

I have started using Personal Site Starter Kit with Visual Web
Developer 2005. I realized that for the photo gallery portion, I can
have an album set to be public or not. And if I set it not to be
public, it defaults to Friends role.

I have more roles like 'Family' and I want to be able to choose which
roles have access to which albums. Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance!

clintonG

Its probably called a "Starter Kit" because it only includes the most basic
functionality to get started. Do ya think?

You want to read MSDN articles to learn more about Membership, Roles and
Profiles [1]. At the very least you'll be modifying your web.config roles to
allow or deny access to resources. You'll also want to learn how to use the
"location" element in the web.config file.

I don't know if the user interface of this starter kit is mutable however I
do know I've put you on the right direction to learn about the
configurations...

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/yh26yfzy.aspx

rpm

Thanks. I understand that they are called Starter Kits for a reason.

And being an absolute newbie, I fit well into their target audience for
the VWD product as well as the starter kit (hobbyist/enthusiast).

I have added the appropriate roles (Family, Close Friends, Other
Friends) to the website configuration (through the GUI).

The question I have, mostly because I want to reduce the amount of
work/customization I end up doing, is which section of the code I
should change and in general terms, how, in order to achieve my goal,
which is to make certain albums available only to certain roles.

Any help is appreciated highly.

drewdr

I have added the appropriate roles (Family, Close Friends, Other
Friends) to the website configuration (through the GUI).

The question I have, mostly because I want to reduce the amount of
work/customization I end up doing, is which section of the code I
should change and in general terms, how, in order to achieve my goal,
which is to make certain albums available only to certain roles.

Any help is appreciated highly.

In the Timetracker Kit The web.sitemap looks like this:
<siteMapNode title="Project Reports"
url="~/TimeTracker/Report_Project.aspx"
description="Get project usage reports"

roles="ProjectManager,ProjectAdministrator"/>