help needed

novostik

hi guys ,
i m new to perl.i want to know how perl programming is
done to extract links etc from html pages using HTML:linkextor ,
LWP:useragent etc......so could u please provide me some links from
where i can start.
It would be of great help.

usenet

i m new to perl.i want to know how perl programming is
done to extract links etc from html pages using HTML:linkextor ,
LWP:useragent etc......so could u please provide me some links from
where i can start.

Hmmm. I first thought, "you gotta be kidding me" but then I noticed
that you only use one colon (doublepoint) in the module names, and that
won't resolve in CPAN. The proper names of the modules are
HTML::LinkExtor and LWP::UserAgent (note '::'). CPAN likes that much
better:

http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/HTML-Parser-3.55/lib/HTML/LinkExtor.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.805/lib/LWP/UserAgent.pm

novostik

Sorry guys,
as i told u i am new to perl , i must have missed those
columns.....thanks for the links David.But aren't there any tutorials
abt these...i needed a bit of elaboration.